Friday, October 1, 2010

Featured Etsy Seller - Kirstenann



Kirstenann is a fellow Australian and I have come to know her through the forums of Etsy. Here Kirstenann shares a little about herself and what inspires her to make her gorgeous jewellery:

1. What inspired you to open an Etsy shop?

I had been making and designing jewellery since I was a teen and had a collection of items that I wanted to sell. I read about Etsy in the local newspaper and opened a shop straight away. It looked like a great way to be able to sell to customers from all over the world.

2. How do you get yourself in your best creative mood to produce fabulous work?!

I have to feel inspired by something I have seen or read such as a beautiful fashion magazine or reading the quit your day job articles on Etsy. Music also helps me get into the creative zone.

3. What inspires your work?

I feel inspired by a great design that I have thought of or beautiful materials and colour combinations. I love to mix different textures of chains,lace and beads together and see what they look like before I make up a design.

4. What do you love most about having an Etsy shop?

I love the fact that people from all over the world can look at and purchase my work then hearing about how much they loved their new jewellery. I have sold to places such as Canada, Italy, England, Alaska and many many more. I also love the creative side to having an online shop being able to arrange the layout of my items and creating an attractive display of work.

5. Whenever you get a spare moment, what activities do you like to indulge in?

Keeping active and healthy is very important to me so I like to go to the gym,walk my new puppy Vada and go running. I also like to catch up with friends for coffee and shop seeing what new trends,styles and colours are emerging.I also like to paint modern art works.

6. Random stuff, likes, dislikes, loves, favorite places, people, etc?!

I like spicy foods,coffee and sushi,reading/hearing about young people in business.Don't like the colours burgundy or maroon. Likes: staying up late/dislikes: early mornings. Loves sunshine and rain on a hot summers night. Would love to travel and explore new places. Loves to have a laugh and thinks jeans and runners are wrong when worn together.

7. Where do you live?!

I live in Victoria Australia was born in Geelong and grew up in Ocean Grove near the beach and moved to Bendigo aged 8. Bendigo was a fairly small country town when we first arrived but over the years it has grown to a population of over 100,000 people. The city is very progressive and has great culture with many wonderful cafes,shopping strips,successful businesses and the art gallery.

Thanks Kirstenann for sharing! View Kirstenann's gorgeous jewellery here!

No comments:

Post a Comment